Cocoa Beach - Let Your Playful Side Run Wild!
Cocoa Beach brings you today’s exciting advanced world in the quaint architectural designs of America’s wholesome 1950s. There’s nothing boring here, even commercial buildings are decorated with painted murals. This beautiful town has been deemed the “playful city” for its overabundance of natural parks, waterways, a huge cultural community and an excess of amazing places to visit.
Find your carefree-spirit here!
No home is too big nor too small, Cocoa Beach offers it all! There are residential homes and waterfront condos from reasonably priced to extravagantly lavished. Many of the residential homes offer angular carports, elevated entrances and front porches. A number of beachfront communities are detailed in screen blocks. All the homes are within easy reach of an array of activities, the ocean, and the Banana River.
Welcome to the “Surfing Capitol of the East Coast”, Cocoa Beach is home to many surfing champions. With amazing blue seas that rarely fall below 60 degrees you’ll always be set to surf, it’s even trunkable in December. Where else can you have that? Cocoa even has some famous places where you can catch a wave, Cocoa Beach Pier and Pier North. Are you a surfing enthusiast? Come participate in special events such as Easter’s & Labor Day’s surfing festivals. PLUS! Curtesy of the Ron Jon Surf Shop there are several more surf and music events all year round.
More interested in on-land sports? That’s ok Cocoa Beach Recreation Complex is your place. This city owned & operated complex offers a wide range of facilities such as tennis & golf courses plus an Olympic sized swimming pool. The complex even supports several team sports including softball, baseball and soccer.
Fisherman friendly? Why, Yes Cocoa’s got that cover too! The 800 foot long historic fishing pier is home to several events and festivals throughout the year. Get your fishing on at the pier or go on an exciting deep sea fishing charter or even an excursion on the Banana River filled with large game fish.
From 0 to 60 in seconds! You decide, relaxed nature or riveting adventures both at your exposal.
A lush land planted between the Atlantic Ocean and the Banana River Lagoon. The town of Cocoa Beach was originally established June 5th of 1925 however it wasn’t incorporated as a city until June 29th of 1957. It’s now conveniently only a few miles from a world of excitement. Just 3 miles south you can find the Patrick Air Force Base and if you head north 15 miles you will find yourself at NASA’s Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Center. The area’s population grew 1000% in just 10 years, from 1950 to 1960. The 15 square miles of land and 4.9 square miles of water is now home to over 11,000 happy residents who have pleasure of enjoy the city’s average temperatures of 64 to 82 degrees year round.
Wondering if Cocoa Beach can really live up to its name? Here is a list of all the adventures and fun waiting for you at your new Cocoa Beach home:
• Champagne & Chocolate Sweethearts Sip & Stroll: Grab your sweetheart and come on down to Historic Cocoa Village for the Champagne and Chocolate Sweethearts Sip and Stroll. In addition to our normal offering of wine sampling and snacks, our merchants may have either champagne or sparkling wine and something chocolate. Plus you will get your commemorative wine glass and a map of the participating merchants. Don’t forget, your ticket purchase automatically enters you into the drawing for one of our fabulous gift baskets. For each of the outlying businesses visited, marked in red on the map, a chance to win the special Red Zone basket is earned. Saturday February 7, 2015 from 5 PM until 9 PM.
• The Food Truck Bazaar: Every 4th Monday of the month, the Food Truck Bazaar visits Titusville's Sand Point Park with ten select Orlando food trucks. From 5-8pm you can enjoy those delectable delights at the pavilion with a beautiful view of the park, river and marina. 101 N- Washington Ave, Titusville, FL 32796
• Cocoa Village's FRIDAY FEST: is held every last Friday of the month from 6-9pm around the Gazebo in the Village. Free Family Fun! Food, Vendors, Kid Activities and Live Music!
• Cocoa Village Farmer's Market: The City of Cocoa's Farmers Market is held every Wednesday from 9am - 4pm in Mryt Tharpe Gazebo Square in downtown historic Cocoa Village. Vendors will have fresh produce, jams, sauces, fruits, honey, flowers and more for sale! Brevard Avenue, Cocoa, FL 32922 Country Clubs, Golf, Tennis:
• Golf N Gator: A unique miniature Golf experience! Play on one of two 18-hole courses surrounded by cascading waterfalls, flowing streams, tropical landscaping and their two giant ponds inhabited by alligators, fish and turtles. After your putt-putt adventure, take time to feed the alligators and turtles. You can even take a picture holding one. 6355 North Atlantic Avenue Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
• Cocoa Beach Country Club: the public is welcome to come play on their excellent paspalum greens. Three nine-hole courses appeal to a golfer who appreciates wildlife. The course is surrounded by the Banana River Lagoon and attracts scores of birds, dolphins, and alligators. Amenities include putting greens, a driving range, a 19th-hole restaurant, and an affordable banquet facility.
• Cocoa Beach Racquet and Tennis Club: offers two clay courts and ten hard courts, some are lighted. All ages and skill levels enjoy programs designed for each category including junior and group lessons or private coaching by USPTA certified trainers. The facility is open for memberships or for reasonable fees for walk-ins. Tours: http://www.visitspacecoast.com/what-to-do/?listsearch_submit=1&listingGetAll=0&subcatID=47®ionID=7&listing_keyword=Keyword+Search&submit=Search
• Cocoa Beach Kayaking Guided Nature Tours: where Mother Nature and relaxation come together. Come explore the pristine Thousand Islands of Cocoa Beach with Cocoa Beach Kayaking. Paddle at a leisurely pace through a mangrove estuary located in the Indian River Lagoon, home of Bottlenose Dolphin, the endangered manatee and incredible Florida bird life- Their tours are all-inclusive, last two to three hours and they provide hats, towels, polarized sunglasses, 50-spf sunblock, bottled water and insulated drink holders. Tom Warriner Boulevard Cocoa Beach, FL 32931 Orlando-Kissimmee Tours Available: Bioluminescent Kayak Tour Bioluminescent Comb Jellyfish Black Night-Cold Light Bioluminescent Kayak Tour Refuge Manatee Encounter Kayak Tour Moonlight Kayak Tour Zip-line Safari Tour
• Wildside Tours: guided eco-tours to view some of the Florida Space Coast's most beautiful attractions - our nature and wildlife! A typical Wildside tour includes up close and personal viewing of manatees, dolphins, and a constantly changing array of shore birds and fauna. Expect each eco-tour to last 2 1/2 hours. Tours take place on the Banana River in their 20 passenger boat which allows for a more personal tour. Besides eco-tours, Wildside Tours also offers family fishing trips, private charters and sunset cruises. Restroom on board; snacks and drinks are also provided. 499 Ramp Rd- Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
• Funday Tours: Take an adventure on your next adventure courtesy of Funday Tours offers over 16 different guided eco-day tours and nature and wildlife adventures for groups- All tours are fully guided and totally escorted by certified guides on either pontoon boats or by air boat. They're the only local company offering fully guided, fully escorted "VIP" tours through Kennedy Space Center and they also provide pre- and post- cruise groups with transportation & tours enroute, or from cruises, to hotels or airports. 778 Nassau Road Cocoa Beach, FL 32931 Great Outdoors:
• Catalyst Cocoa Beach: formerly known as Quiet Flight, is a full service surf shop located in the heart of downtown Cocoa Beach with the beautiful Atlantic in our back yard. We offer new and used surfboards and stand up paddle boards for beginning surfers to expert level. We carry a wide range of surf accessories, board shorts, bikinis, eyewear, footwear, and everything else you will need to enjoy life on the beach! We also specialize in surfing instruction and with the best surfing beach for beginners right behind our shop, it couldn’t be any more convenient to get out there and surf. We hope to serve you soon! 109 N Orlando Ave Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
• Cocoa Beach Jet Ski Rentals: With several locations to serve you, Cocoa Beach Jet Ski Rentals is the source to look to when you want to have fun on the beach or in the water! Cocoa Beach Jet Ski Rentals rents: Jet Skis Kayaks Surf Boards Boogie Boards Beach Umbrellas Beach Chairs 32931 Cocoa Beach, FL 32931 Over a dozen unique parks can be found among the residential communities of Cocoa Beach. http://www.cityofcocoabeach.com/200/Parks
• Oceanfront Alan Shepard Park: located at the east end of State Road 520, was named after the astronaut and offers spectacular views of space launches. Just west of Cape Canaveral Hospital, Constitution Bicentennial Park provides boat launch facilities. Sidney Fischer Park on the east side of SR A1A is ideal for a picnic and a swim in the ocean.
• Lori Wilson Park: features pavilions, a nature boardwalk, volleyball court, playground and barbecue grills. Most parks include restrooms and plenty of parking.
• Ron Jon Surf School: In business since 1993, Ron Jon's Surf School located in Cocoa Beach, FL is Florida's longest running surf school. The School's curriculum specializes in both private and group instruction in surfing, Stand-Up paddle boarding and kiteboarding. Many of the instructors are current and former US national surfing team members and east coast champions, so you'll be hanging ten in no time! 150 E. Columbia Ln., Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
• Sidney Fischer Park: Named after Sidney Fischer, who served as the mayor of Cocoa Beach from 1956 to 1960, Sidney Fischer Park is an ideal place to have a family picnic or take a swim in the ocean. Facilities include public parking, picnic pavilions, shower and restroom- Sidney Fischer Park is located on the east side of State Road A1A. 2200 North Atlantic Ave Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
• Surf & Ski Water Sport Inc.: Spending the day on or near the water then give Surf & Ski Water Sport Inc. a call, rent: Boats, Jet Skis, Kayaks, Surf Boards, Boogie Boards, Beach Umbrellas and Beach Chairs. 1872 E Merritt Island Causeway Merritt Island, FL 32953
• The Streets: the Best Space Coast Surfing Spot. The Streets, they are the numbered streets just south of where Highway A1A splits and Cocoa Beach's residential area takes hold- The Streets offer plenty of room for surfers to spread out and surf the semi-mushy waves that turn on and off with the tide-1st Street through 30th Street Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
• Museums, Arts & Theaters: http://www.visitspacecoast.com/what-to-do/?listsearch_submit=1&listingGetAll=0&subcatID=0®ionID=7&listing_keyword=Keyword+Search&submit=Search •Cocoa Beach Surf Museum: an homage to the 600-year-old lifestyle sport of surfing and its history on the East Coast. The ancient sport of kings is well chronicled with magazines, pictures, trophies, and all kinds of memorabilia dating back to the 1940s. The museum actively engages the community in surfing culture through exhibits and educational events, as well as a permanent exhibit on Kelly Slater, a Cocoa Beach native and 11-time world surfing champion. 4275 North Atlantic Avenue Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
• EFSC Planetarium and Observatory: at 1519 Clearlake Road seats 210 under a 70-foot dome projection screen. Visitors are treated to star shows and science exhibits.
• Brevard Museum of History and Science: at 2201 Michigan Ave, Cocoa, sits on 22 acres with a nature preserve. It includes exhibits, class presentations and hands-on programs.
• Surfside Players: established in 1959, Surfside Players is one of the Space Coast's longest running theaters and the only beach side theater ensemble company in the area. This community theatre is dedicated to the performing arts through productions, presentations, education and outreach- Their annual Rocky Horror Picture show production is a local favorite as is their annual Playwright contest!
• Florida Historical Society: preserves Florida’s history and pre-history, showcasing Native American artifacts such as stone pipes, arrowheads and pottery dating back to the early 1900’s. Visitors can attend regularly scheduled lectures at the FHSI Archaeological Institute located at 435 Brevard Avenue in historic Cocoa Village.
• Cocoa Village Playhouse: is an affordable community theatre promoting the performing arts in Brevard County located at 300 Brevard Avenue, Cocoa, FL.
• Cocoa Beach Art Galleries: are part of the landscape at Cocoa Beach along with festivals and Art Exhibits and at public buildings around town. 301 Ramp Road Cocoa Beach, FL 32931 Extras: stay connected with Cocoa Beach’s new phone app http://www.cityofcocoabeach.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=6
• Mai Tiki Bar: offers a prime location to view a Florida sunrise, 800 feet above the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, unwind and enjoy an ice-cold beer, your favorite cocktail or specialty drink. Mai Tiki Bar is open daily at 11 AM (weather permitting) Happy Hour is from 4 PM to 7 PM Monday through Friday401 Meade Avenue Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
• Beach Shack: Cocoa Beach's blues and music bar, the Beach Shack has long been a local and visitor favorite for good times and soulful music. Located directly on the beach, The Beach Shack is open daily from 10am-2am. Live music nightly. 1 Minutemen COSWAY Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
• Cocoa Beach Brewing Company: Home of championship beer, Cocoa Beach Brewing Company offers a variety of traditional craft brews as well as seasonal and unique beers. Handcrafted onsite, the company's signature brews include: Cocoa Beach Pale Ale 888 India Pale Ale Not Just Some Oatmeal Stout Von Braun Ale Cocoa Beach Key Lime Cerveza. 150 North Atlantic Avenue Cocoa Beach, FL 32931 Medical: http://www.health-first.org/hospitals_services/cch/
• Cape Canaveral Hospital: is located at 701 W. Cocoa Beach Causeway. The facility is known for its state-of-the-art cancer program and laboratory.
• MedFast Urgent Care: is at 275 W. Cocoa Beach Causeway.
• Cocoa Beach Walk-In Clinic: is at 105 S. Banana River Boulevard in Cocoa Beach. Education:
• Eastern Florida State College - Melbourne Campus: 3865 North Wickham Road, Melbourne, FL 32935
• Florida Institute of Technology: 150 West University Boulevard, Melbourne, FL 32901
• Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University: 4450 West Eau Gallie Boulevard, Melbourne, FL 32934
• College of Psychology and Liberal Arts: 3301 South Babcock Street, Melbourne, FL 32901
• Melbourne International Airport (MLB/KMLB): The closest major airport to Cocoa Beach is at a distance of 21 miles from the city center.
• The Orlando Int’l Airport (MCO/KMCO): is 52 miles. Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB/KSFB) is 65 miles from Cocoa Beach. Pilots wanting to fly your private planes home? Enjoy the amenity of using: http://www.ticoairportauthority.com/about-us.html
• Merritt Island Airport: is a general aviation public airport under the administration of the Titusville-Cocoa Airport Authority. It located in Merritt Island, Brevard County, Florida, USA, northwest of Patrick Air Force Base.
• Valkaria Airport: is a public-use airport located 1 mile west of the central business district of the city of Grant-Valkaria in Brevard County, Florida, United States. The airport is publicly owned. Major Highways
• State Road A1A: runs North and South on the barrier island between the Atlantic Ocean and Banana River. It traverses Cocoa Beach.
• State Route 520: runs East and West and connects the barrier island to the mainland. It intersects US1 and I-95 and is located between Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach.
• Tourists LOVE Space Coast Area Transit (SCAT): which serves communities of Brevard County. It is a fixed route transit system that delivers employees to work, tourists on Hwy A1A, students to college or to the beach. Travelers can ride a bike to the bus stop, load the bike on the bus, and then unload and ride their bike to their destination. Surf boards are welcome!
Boats, Boats and More Boats: for a day, a week, a month or longer
• Cocoa Village Marina: at 90 Delannoy Avenue.
• Orange Cove: Marina located at 400 W. Cocoa Beach Causeway
• Sail on to Scorpions: New Port Marina on North Atlantic Avenue, Cocoa Beach.
Cocoa Beach Real Estate Search Results