The beautiful town of Indian River Shores is located on Orchid Island in Indian River County. It consist of 7.2 immaculate miles of land and 2 pristine Sq. miles of water. The town is recognized for its unspoiled beaches and meticulous growth. Consisting mainly of low-density and gated residential communities that have the luxury of indulging in semi-tropical climate year round.
Indian River Shores is one of five incorporated municipalities in Indian River County. The town has its own law enforcement, fire protection and emergency medical services. All of these services are through the town’s well-regarded Public Safety Department.
With approximately 5 miles of Atlantic Ocean frontage the town has 3 breathtaking beaches to offer. The 3 beaches are open to the public and maintained by Indian River County and the Town Limits of Indian River Shores. The beaches provide plenty of parking and are open from 7am until sunset.
- Tracking Station Park: located on the south end of town this park features picnic areas, restrooms with shower facilities, a boardwalk with a dune crossover and a lifeguard.
- Turtle Trail Beach: this beach features a boardwalk with a dune crossover.
- Seagrape Trail Beach: accessible on the north end of town you will find this beach features a sandy dune crossover.
Parks & Recreation
- Bee Gum Point: owned by the Indian River Land Trust, this beautiful and natural location offers guided tours through the property.
- Cycling, Walking & Jogging: stretching the entire length of the County is this quaint bike path that goes along side State Road A1A and has been marked in 1 mile increments.
- Historic Jungle Trail: nearly 8 miles long located on Old Winter Beach Road is this sandy path. It streams along the Indian River’s Eastern shoreline in a picturesque trail.
- Captain Forster Hammock Preserve: 110 beautiful acres of land just outside of town limits. Owned and operated by the Indian River County this scenic trial stretches from the river to the ocean.
- Sebastian Inlet State Park: perfect for camping this location has been ranked number one, three years running from 2012 to 2014. Offering a waterfront riverside camp, this area is excellent for fishing from the ocean, the inlet and even the river.
•HealthSouth Treasure Coast Rehabilitation Hospital: 1600 37th Street, Vero Beach, FL 32960
•BHVRL Health Center-Indian River Medical Center: Vero Beach, FL 32960
•Urgent Care West: 2050 40th Avenue #6, Vero Beach, FL 32960
•Indian River State College: 6155 College Lane, Vero Beach, FL 32966
•University of Florida: 200 9th Street Southeast, Vero Beach, FL 32962
•Melbourne International Airport (MLB/KMLB): 1 Air Terminal Parkway, Melbourne, FL 32901
•The Orlando International Airport (MCO/KMCO): 1 Airport Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32827
•Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB/KSFB): 1200 Red Cleveland Boulevard, Sanford, FL 32773
•Palm Beach International (PBI): 1000 James L Turnage Boulevard, West Palm Beach, FL 33415