Take the Guess Work out of Buying
You’ve decided to make the leap into homeownership! Coldwell Banker Paradise can make the home buying process easier. Since your home will most likely be the largest investment you will ever make, it’s important to stay organized and focused. Follow these tips and before you know it, you’ll be living in your ideal home.
- Organize your paperwork. Your tax documents, pay stubs and bank statements are documents that a mortgage broker needs in order to verify your financial health. Also check your credit score to make sure it is in tip top shape. If necessary, make corrections to your credit report.
- Get pre-approved. To finance your new home, meet with a mortgage company. Pre-approval for a home loan is a good gauge of how much you can borrow and it shows home sellers that you have the backing to buy.
- Set a budget. Know your total budget, which not only includes the price of the home but also closing costs and fees. Also consider post-purchase expenses such as moving fees, security systems and furnishings.
- Make a list. Determine what your family truly needs in a new home. Anticipate your future needs, such as will your family be growing or will your job location be changing? Prioritize your list and decide what features are a must have and what amenities can be sacrificed. Having a vision of what you want makes it easier to communicate what you are looking for to your agent.
- Location, location, location. Location is crucial when searching for your home. Only you can decide which location is best for you. A few considerations include: How far do you want to commute to your job? Are the community schools highly rated? Do you require nearby neighborhood services such as public transportation, shopping and senior resources? You should also think about the location’s impact on the resale value of the property if you are anticipating selling in the next few years.
- Get on the Web. One of the best ways to start your home search is on the Internet. On Web sites such as www.flcoldwellbanker.com you can search for properties, find an agent, research communities and so much more.
- Find the right Agent. There is no one better who can help you find your ideal home than an agent. They are experts in the local trends and can help you with everything from gathering community information to taking a home tour to finding moving services. Plus, agents can greatly reduce the amount of pressure you feel during this stressful time. Find an agent you trust and who is a good match for you.
- Take notes or bring a camera. While visiting homes, write down questions or take photos of things you like and dislike in the home and others that you may not. This way, when you evaluate the homes you have visited, you will have the pros and cons of each.
- Make an offer. When you find a home that meets your needs, it’s time to make an offer. And with inventory low, timing is of the essence. Your agent can help determine an appropriate price and will help you negotiate the offer.
- The home inspection. A home inspection is a great way to find any potential hiccups the home may have that you did not see during the initial home tour. Once you know what needs attention, if anything, your agent can go back to the seller to discuss items that should be taken care of before purchasing the home.
- Close the deal. Closing is the final step in completing a real estate transaction. At the closing, ownership of the property is transferred to the buyer and any costs incurred by either the buyer or the seller beyond the price of the property itself are paid.
The house is yours! Congratulations. The final papers have been signed and you have the keys to your home. To make the process of moving into your new home go more smoothly, create a check list and ask your agent about what you will need before, during and after your move.
Whether you're looking for your first home, downsizing or an investment property, Coldwell Banker Paradise is the expert on locating the right property to fit your budget and fulfill your American dream. From first time home buyers to couples working on building their retirement lifestyle, you can trust Coldwell Banker Paradise to find the right property for you. Contact us for help in finding your dream home.